Friday, October 15, 2010

Houston, we have chompers!

Josie has been a little cranky this week. I thought it was the remnants of a cold getting her goat. Or possibly the weaning. Or the transition to table foods.
Turns out it may be none of those reasons.
Tonight at dinner, while Josie was mid-Captain Cranky Pants routine, Daddy scooped her up and let her gnaw on his finger.
AND HE FELT A TOOTH!
Perhaps two. Center. On the bottom.
I'm conflicted. I'm going to miss that gummy grin. But I'm also hoping that once those pearly whites are fully through the gums that Josie will return to Fanny Fun'n'Stuff, Lady Laughsalot, Senorita Sweetness, Princess Puddin' Cup.
In the meantime, break out the teething biscuits and champagne (err...sparkling grape juice).

1 comment:

  1. When I first felt that first tooth coming in I was so excited...It was like an instant milestone, instead of a gradual one (like crawling). I miss those gummy smiles, but his teeth are so freakin' cute, it's just something more to love. Josie's gonna have an even sweeter smile now!

    ReplyDelete