Friday, November 19, 2010

Some days, she just ain't havin' it

Like today. I made a great dinner while I convinced her to play with pots and pans and wooden spoons. Turkey meatloaf with all kinds of veggies tucked inside. And mashed sweet potatoes, parboiled first in orange juice. I made this dinner because it's tasty and it's something everyone can eat, no special steps.
But poor Pooter was worn out. She's battling a slight seasonal cold and fell asleep in my arms while we waited on the meatloaf to finish baking and for Daddy to get home. I couldn't bring myself to wake her, not even after Daddy had arrived and the meatloaf was done.
When she finally roused from her nap, dinner was served. But as I stated, Josie's response was pretty much, "Nuh-uh."
Behold:

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she has a sore throat like her Grammy. I have no appetite either today.

    ReplyDelete