Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ... broccoli?


Josie has really gotten into this whole "I can feed myself, thanks" attitude. Chris and I wholly support it. So, during every meal, we try to include something she can pick up and get in her maw (or close enough). The other day it was broccoli. I had my doubts, yet she was certainly game to try.


Perhaps not her favorite texture judging by that endearing mug, but she steadily shoveled it in. And I couldn't help but feel a bit smug that my baby was eating broccoli without me having to goad her or bribe her or trick her (not that she would have understood any of those feats of trickery).
Yes indeedy. I was smug. Smug, smuggity, smug. My baby loves broccoli!

Jeez, I really hope I'm not jinxing it. (Well, the dog did eat what landed on the floor. Hmmm...My doggie loves broccoli! Eh, not as satisfying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment